[asterisk-users] Asterisk and NAT

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Tue Dec 11 11:05:24 CST 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 00:14 -0800, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> My Asterisk has a public IP address, how can we let
> two IP Phones in different site and both are behind
> NAT (each one has a private IP address) to call each
> other?
>
> In other words,
> Assuming Asterisk IP Address is 193.111.194.111
>
> IP Phone (A): 192.168.0.1 and its default gateway is:
> 195.226.225.70
>
> IP Phone (B): 192.168.0.1 and its default gateway is:
> 185.200.200.80
>
> How can IP Phone at side A of extension "400" to call
> the IP Phone at side B of extension "500"? We do not
> need to use the VPN.

	The only thing you need to do is set nat=yes when you configure the
phones in Asterisk.  You may need to use a STUN server in case the
phones do not properly see the outside address.  Once the phones
register they should be able to dial each other.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001