[asterisk-users] RFC3389 message

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Dec 11 09:22:22 CST 2007

When making or receiving a SIP call via my service provider, I get the
following message logged by Asterisk:

Dec 11 15:13:37 NOTICE[7392]: rtp.c:331 process_rfc3389: Comfort noise support incomplete in Asterisk (RFC 3389). Please turn off on client if possible. Client IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Since the "client" is at my service provider (who uses CISCO kit, I believe),
I don't have the ability to turn it off.

My question is: what is the effect of leaving things as they are and just
ignoring the message? What things might not behave properly?

Currently using Asterisk 1.2, but I see the message is still there in Trunk.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield