[asterisk-users] foneBRIDGE2 vs. foneBRIDGE2-EC

Patrick asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Dec 10 17:44:27 CST 2007

Hi,

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 13:00 -0500, Kevin DeGraaf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to decide between the foneBRIDGE2 ($1135) and foneBRIDGE2-EC
> ($1610).
>
> Has anyone here directly compared the two?

Nope.

>   Would we really suffer
> without the onboard echo cancellation?  The manufacturer's site doesn't
> really give much helpful information about choosing one over the other.

I would buy the one with EC. Do the math for your particular situation
since there are so many different ones: what is it going to cost you
when your customer suffers from echo up to a point where they are ready
to throw you out, call Cisco and shell out the big bugs for a
CallManager solution? Is a difference in purchase price of $500 worth
the trouble? You decide :)

Regards,
Patrick