[asterisk-users] Sidetone with Snom 370

Mark J Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Mon Dec 10 05:36:01 CST 2007

Steve Davies wrote:
> On 12/7/07, Zaheer K. Master <lists at adamantsecurity.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm not getting any sidetone on my Snom 370. I searched the web and the snom
>> wiki, but I don't see any place to enable/adjust it. Callers say I sound
>> great on the other end, but I don't hear myself so it is a little
>> off-putting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>>

> Adding sidetone is the responsibility of the handset - Are you running
> recent firmware on the snom370?
>
> The 7.x.x firmware on the snoms IMHO is still alpha, or just barely
> beta quality, and sadly for the snom370 there is no other firmware
> available. Snom (usually very good) have just dropped the ball in a
> BIG way with this new branch of firmware.

Software version 7.1.29 is available for all Snom 3XX phones....
eg .. http://fox.snom.com/download/snom300-7.1.29-beta-SIP-f.bin

May not be visible - but it is (or was) there and seems to be working OK
here.
Seems they added some 'backwards' compatibility with 6.x.x
Before this - my new 370 wouldn't even register.

Oh  - there is no mention of 'sidetone'... and I don't notice any either.

>> On a related note, some times (maybe 1 out of 10 calls) I get the side tone,
>> but its delayed by a second or so, so its like an echo. Is that something to
>> do with asterisk? I'm using SIP trunking on a fast connection, and only 1
>> call at a time right now.
>>

> This is not sidetone, it is echo. Search the mailing list archives for
> answers to this problem.
>
> Steve

  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, SCO ACE, Cisco CCIE
/ |/ |ARK \_/ /__ LKINS  Tel: +27 12 807 0590  Cell: +27 82 601 0496