[asterisk-users] Dual-home Wifi/GSM phones for North America

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sun Dec 9 16:14:59 CST 2007

So, for the hotel project, what was the conclusion?  I don't remember
seeing a summary.

And were any of the phones combination Wifi/GSM?  Like a Nokia E70 or E61i?

I've been looking for such a phone to use myself, but so far haven't
found one that I liked.  Common flaws were:

* poor standby time
* lousy interface for doing complex configurations (esp. certificate
management)
* poor external provisioning documentation or requiring proprietary (and
Windows-based) tools
* inadequate SIP implementation
* inability to hand-off between Wifi and GSM (or reverse) seamlessly

Has anyone found a product that overcomes these issues?

And what's the word on a Wifi/SIP client for the iPhone?

-Philip