[asterisk-users] using modem with asterisk

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 03:30:37 CST 2007

Hi all,
Till now i have tried my best to use the Intel Corporation 536EP Data Fax
Modem (chipset Ambient MD5628D - L - C) with asterisk but i cant. ztcfg
output gives me this:

Channel map:
Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
1 channels to configure.
ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 2: No such device or address (6)

zttool does not list any modems or X100P cards. I read on the web that
certain modems are detected by asterisk as X100P cards by digium. I have
modified the wcfxo channel driver for this purpose, but still problem not
solved.

What should/can i do now? if anyone has used the modem which i have with
asterisk then please share the solution with me.
--
Best Regards
Rizwan Hisham