[asterisk-users] Problem with the ring timeout in dial command for local extensions

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Sat Dec 8 02:59:31 CST 2007

Am Freitag, den 07.12.2007, 17:53 -0300 schrieb
tloginbr-asterisk at yahoo.com.br:
> Hi all,
>
> I don't know if this is the right list to ask, since
> I'm using Trixbox version 1.0.0.28, that has asterisk
> 1.2.17.
> I'm trying to configure the ring timeout value for my
> local extensions (when dialing from one to another),
> and the dial command simply ignores my values... I
> have one extension 0017 in my box, so I used the
> command Dial(SIP/0017|100|rTtWw) to dial to it. The
> call gets completed without a problem, but it only
> rings for 30 seconds, when it should ring for a 100
> seconds. I'm pretty sure this is my mistake here, but
> I didn't find a solution. I also tried changing the
> value directly in trixbox web interface that says
> "Number of seconds to ring phones before sending
> callers to voicemail" and nothing happens. I know that
> trixbox does weird things to my configuration files,
> but I edited extenions.conf, since it does not get
> messed up by trixbox.

It might be related to the phones you use; some models seem to have an
internal timeout, after which the call will be rejected - this forces
the Dial() to terminate. You might try to find information about that:
It might be configurable in the phone.

I am not well informed about trixbox, but I assume you can get an
asterisk console by "asterisk -r". Use that and "verbose 10" to retrieve
the events that occur when the timeout falls. That might help you find
the culprit.

Regards
Anselm