[asterisk-users] Playback file and detect a key press

Bob Smither Smither at C-C-I.com
Sat Dec 8 00:05:23 CST 2007

I would like to do the following:

Play back a file, and during the playback be able to detect a DTMF tone
that may be pressed.  I do not want to interrupt the playing of the
file, but when the file finishes I would like to be able to tell if a
key was pressed and which key it was.

Anyway to do this?

In AGI:

o  Wait for Digit waits for a digit to be pressed, and I don't see how
to play a file at the same time.
o  Stream File can detect a digit, but then the file playback is
interrupted.

In a call plan:

o  Playback plays a file but does not detect pressed digits.
o  Background plays a file, but stops the playback when a key is
pressed.

Is there anyway to do what I want to do?

Thanks!

--
Bob Smither <Smither at C-C-I.com>