[asterisk-users] Using XML for configuration management, single-source-of-truth, etc.

Darryl Dunkin ddunkin at netos.net
Fri Dec 7 18:25:50 CST 2007

You can store most of the configurations in a database which may be more
accessable to you.

Perl can also parse these configurations quickly enough if you know how
to use the input record seperator ($/) properly.

The only thing Asterisk will not store which you would probably need is
the actual MAC address of the phones themselves. This may be done easily
enough as comments in the users sip.conf section.