[asterisk-users] Strange ISDN-problem with incoming calls out of the same city

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Fri Dec 7 14:39:26 CST 2007

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Stefan Guenther wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >Does this number (you are dialing) has been ported from a different
> >Telco?
> >
> > When you dial from the other city and you get "service not available"
> >you may be dialing from a different Telco that either has no route
> >aggreement for the dialed network, or the number portability database
> >(of Out of city Operator) is not up to date.
> >
> before we switched from the old pbx to the asterisk server, these people
> had no problems calling our client.
>
> With some more debugging we saw what happens with these specific calls.
> For some reason local calls and calls from a few other cities cause
> trouble, because asterisk doesn't get the whole number that has been
> dialed. If e.g. someone from the same town dials 123456, asterisk only
> gets  12345 or 1234. This extension doesn't exist in the dialplan and so
> the call fails. And this is not a single failure, it happens every time.
>
> The telco has checked the lines and they are okay, so it might be the
> ISDN card (EICON) or the driver. I have made a trace log from one of
> these failed calls and will forward it to EICON.
>
> Meanwhile we catch all these calls with the "i" extension.

How does your dialplan look like? If you have e.g.
  exten => _XXXX.,1,....
in the context for capi incoming calls, then asterisk (chan-capi) accept
these calls even if not all numbers are dialed (transmitted) yet.

Anyway, you talk about external calls, but you set
  ntmode=yes
which does not make sense.
Also, you should set
  isdnmode=
to whatever isdn mode you have on your line.

Please have a look at the example capi.conf of chan-capi package. Some
of your general settings are possible in the interface sections only.

Armin