[asterisk-users] asterisk performance

Giovanni Miano giomiano at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 11:02:31 CST 2007

2007/12/7, C F <shmaltz at gmail.com>:
> by 3rd call do you mean over the internet?
> if the answer is yes, then I wouldn't be surprised.

Oh my god!
If it is over internet and you get crap quality.. you have to be surprised..
It is depends by Latency (Traffic congestion, Network congestion) and
Packet loss

jorain,
What do you mean for "quality problem" ?
Different "quality" problems are generated by different parameter

braking ? echo? low volume ?

Cheers

2007/12/7, C F <shmaltz at gmail.com>:
> by 3rd call do you mean over the internet?
> if the answer is yes, then I wouldn't be surprised. another thing what
> codec are you using?
>
> On 12/6/07, jorain <jorain at caliber.com.sg> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We are using
> > - a dell sc440(Single dual-core intel xeon 3040, 1.86GHz,1066MHz front size
> > bus 2MB cache) as the asterisk server
> > - dell 400sc(Intel P4) as a SER server
> > - digium isdn card, TE120P at Asterisk server
> > - Bandwidth: 2Mbps/512kbps
> >
> > All SIP Phones are registered to SER server, and SER will route all outgoing
> > calls to Asterisk server. My problem is the sound quality goes down if more
> > than 3 concurent calls to PSTN.
> >
> > Logically i think our system and bandwidth are more than enough to handle 3
> > concurent calls, but as the 4th person use it, the sound become jerky and a
> > bit delay. So how can we improve the sound quality?
> >

> > Thanks
> >
> > Regards,
> > jorain

Giovanni Miano