[asterisk-users] Any idea how making Asterisk "transparent"?

Artifex Maximus artifexor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 03:55:07 CST 2007

Hello!

I am using Asterisk as transparent voice recorder for calls (isdn <->
asterisk <-> pbx). Voice recording (therefore voice forwarding) is
working great but seems that Asterisk does not route/bridge/forward
D-Channel messages which means PBX cannot get time synchronization
answer from provider and tarification impulse too. With direct
connection PBX works great and use both synchronization and give
impulse value so there must be problem on Asterisk side.

Machine is using lastest versions of Asterisk 1.2 branch (at time of
writing: zaptel 1.2.22, libpri 1.2.6, asterisk 1.2.24) on Fedora Core
4. I tried with facilityenable=yes as well without success. I do not
exactly know what facilityenable for.

Is Asterisk capable forwarding D-Channel and making Asterisk box
totally transparent? If yes which version? If branch 1.2 is capable
how should I setup it right?

Thanks.

bye,