[asterisk-users] asterisk performance

jorain jorain at caliber.com.sg
Thu Dec 6 03:47:18 CST 2007

Hi all,

We are using
- a dell sc440(Single dual-core intel xeon 3040, 1.86GHz,1066MHz front size bus 2MB cache) as the asterisk server
- dell 400sc(Intel P4) as a SER server
- digium isdn card, TE120P at Asterisk server
- Bandwidth: 2Mbps/512kbps

All SIP Phones are registered to SER server, and SER will route all outgoing calls to Asterisk server. My problem is the sound quality goes down if more than 3 concurent calls to PSTN.

Logically i think our system and bandwidth are more than enough to handle 3 concurent calls, but as the 4th person use it, the sound become jerky and a bit delay. So how can we improve the sound quality?

Thanks

Regards,
jorain