[asterisk-users] "Happy Birthday Asterisk"

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Thu Dec 6 19:59:20 CST 2007

The Internet is a lot older than 20 years!

I sent my first email in 1981 (yes, using SMTP and TCP/IP), and even
then it had been around for a while (maybe not using TCP... but in the
NCP incarnation at least).  IP dates back to... what?  1978?

Yeah, the RFC was published in September 1981, but implementations had
been running around on IMP's, PDP-11s, and Honeywell Susie's.... (See
IEN-106 and -111)  And RFC-791 covers IP *v4*.  There were earlier
experimental versions of IP, but v4 got it right.

So I'd venture to say that by August, the Internet will really be *30*
years old.

-Philip