[asterisk-users] Call Center Scenario -- take 2

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Thu Dec 6 13:53:39 CST 2007

Jay Moore wrote:
> I figured as much.  I'm not particularly versed in all things Asterisk,
> however.  How would you recommend I go about doing this?  I can check
> the voip wiki for the specifics if you could maybe toss some keywords out.

So.... unless I'm missing something, I'd skip the PHP/AGI bit.

[incoming_t1]
exten => s,1,check if entry in astdb "outage" == 1, and GotoIf to
context "outage", exten 's', priority 1
exten => s,2,goto context reception

[reception]
exten => s,1,dial receptionist
exten => s,2,fall to voicemail if they doesn't answer

[outage]
exten => s,1,Background( outage message)
exten => s,2,waitexten(10)
exten => s,3,Voicemail
exten => s,4,Hangup

exten => 1,1,Goto(reception,s,1)

[internal]  ;where the receptionist is
exten => *6,1,if astdb has value "outage" == 0 goto priority 4
exten => *6,2,set astdb entry "outage" == 0
exten => *6,3,hangup
exten => *6,4,set astdb entry "outage" == 1
exten => *6,5,record(outage message with "stay on the line to leave a
message.  If you need additional help, press 1 to be transferred to the
receptionist.")
exten => *6,6,play it back if you want to listen to it
exten => *6,7,Hangup

no idea if this works.  I do something just like it for night mode in
our office, but copying and pasting ours would have been slightly
different than what you needed so i just took a stab for you ;)   It's a
pretty straight-forward task.

Let us know if that wasn't clear enough!  I chose *6 on our system for
*N, Night mode -- *O for you, Outage, still *6 ;)

I went and got the *6 bit from my dialplan so you could see it.  It
doesn't ask you to record a prompt, because it's static and doesn't need
to change, but you can see where I'm getting at with the DB stuff.  I'm
using the existence of an empty file called '/home/pbx/night_mode' as a
flag of sorts, so I can determine night-mode status without having to
connect to asterisk and ask it.  If the drive is mounted remotely via
NFS I can still see if night mode is enabled.

exten => *6,1,GotoIf($["${DB(night/enabled)}" = "1"]?2:102)
exten => *6,2,Set(oldval=${DB_DELETE(night/enabled)})
exten => *6,3,System(rm /home/pbx/night_mode)
exten => *6,4,Playback(hcllc-nightmode-off)
exten => *6,5,Hangup
exten => *6,102,Set(DB(night/enabled)="1")
exten => *6,103,System(touch /home/pbx/night_mode)
exten => *6,104,Playback(hcllc-nightmode-on)
exten => *6,105,Hangup