[asterisk-users] Cisco power injector with GXP2000 phones

Salvatore Giudice Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com
Thu Dec 6 10:28:39 CST 2007

That phone supports POE. However, there is some talk of a known issue that
they tend to crash after 1-2 hours on POE.

Grandstream phones are quite horrible products.

Salvatore Giudice
Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com

VoIP Security Training, LLC
http://VoIPSecurityTraining.com

848 N. Rainbow Blvd. #1676
Las Vegas, NV 89107
Phone: (617) 959-7625
Fax: (214) 279-2906

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Jon Pounder
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 10:45 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Cisco power injector with GXP2000 phones

Quoting Salvatore Giudice <Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com>:

> The electricity is carried on different pins in a cisco poe injector. Just
> because they both support the same standard doesn't mean they were
> implemented the same.

I didn't even know the gxp2000's could handle poe - anyone care to
share what voltage/current they expect on what pins ?

even if I could just move the existing powersupplies back to the
punchdown panel that would unclutter desks and make centralizing ups
power that much simpler.

> Salvatore Giudice
> Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com
>
> VoIP Security Training, LLC
> http://VoIPSecurityTraining.com
>
> 848 N. Rainbow Blvd. #1676
> Las Vegas, NV 89107
> Phone: (617) 959-7625
> Fax: (214) 279-2906

PoE
> capable Cisco Switch it worked without a problem!
>
> Knowing that all these three equipments implement IEEE 802.3af protocol,
why
> doesn't it work with the Cisco power injector? Anyone also had this
problem
> before?
>
> Thanks,
> Ricardo Carvalho.

Jon Pounder

    _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/       _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/

Inline Internet Systems Inc.
Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Tools to Power Your e-Business Solutions
www.inline.net
www.ihtml.com
www.ihtmlmerchant.com
www.opayc.com