[asterisk-users] Cisco power injector with GXP2000 phones

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Thu Dec 6 09:53:16 CST 2007

Quoting Tony Plack <Tony at plack.net>:

>> I've tried to use a Cisco power injector to supply power over
>> Ethernet to a GXP2000 phone without success. Although when I
>> plugged these phone to a PoE capable Cisco Switch it worked without
>> a problem!
>>
>> Knowing that all these three equipments implement IEEE 802.3af
>> protocol, why doesn't it work with the Cisco power injector? Anyone
>> also had this problem before?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ricardo Carvalho.
>
> Knowing that this is an asterisk mailing list, I would suggest you
> try your question on the trixbox forums because a Grandstream
> representative monitors those forums.
>
> Now, if you had an asterisk question, this would be the right list

you know what - mind your own business.

I am on this list and the thread was useful to me, I am not on the
trixbox list, the phone has nothing more to do with trixbox than
asterisk.

if you don't like the subject of an email - its simple don't open it.

> Tony Plack

Jon Pounder

    _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/       _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/

Inline Internet Systems Inc.
Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Tools to Power Your e-Business Solutions
www.inline.net
www.ihtml.com
www.ihtmlmerchant.com
www.opayc.com