[asterisk-users] Logging in and off sessions in the dialplan

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Thu Dec 6 09:24:13 CST 2007

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, Ricardo Carvalho wrote:

> Is it possible to implement in the Asterisk dialplan some way to
> authenticate a user with a dialed passcode which opens session that stays
> active enabling the user to make and receive calls, until the user logs off
> with another dialed passcode?

The easy answer is "yes".

> I am aware of the Asterisk application 'Authenticate', but as far as I know,
> with this application the user meeds to dial his pin at each call he whats
> to make, and that not what I need!

The harder answer is that you need to do a few extra things. Authenticate
is indeed one of those things, so create an extension the user can dial,
enter a pin code & authenticate, then store a value in the astDB connected
with that extenstion... Then you need to check this variable every time
the user dials a number.

Then finally, you'll need another bit of dialplan to clear the number (or
maybe an external script that clears it after a certian time)

Gordon