[asterisk-users] DeadAgi

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Dec 6 09:11:18 CST 2007

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, Bhrugu Mehta wrote:

> I am new to use DeadAgi,
> can anybody help me how to use DeadAgi,
>
> actually i want this,
>
> when caller hangup his/her phone, i want to send packet to my other app that
> check caller hung up done.

It's "dead" easy :)

Deadagi() is just like agi() with a couple of differences. In fact (in
1.2), both are defined in res_agi.c and "dead" is just a flag passed to
run_agi().

The differences are how much interaction you can have with the channel*
and whether your AGI gets a "HUP" when the channel is hung up.

While deadagi() is usually executed in the "h" extension, it is not a
requirement.

*) I was curious what the exact differences were so I started reading
through ast_waitfor_nandfds(). Unfortunately I have a very low frustration
level for code written with single character variable names like c and n.

Thanks in advance,