[asterisk-users] Call Center Scenario -- take 2

Jay Moore jaymoore at accu-com.com
Thu Dec 6 08:11:28 CST 2007

Not sure if my original message made it through.  Going to try this
again. :)

-------

Greetings, List.

I would like to implement a procedure in my call center but am not sure
the best way to implement it.  I'm hoping I can describe it here and
that I'll receive some feedback and/or suggestions on how to proceed.

Here's my situation:

My call center fields calls regarding internet access issues for local
apartment complexes and businesses.  Most of the time, we get a few
calls here and there from new tenants unsure how to set up their
connection.  Every so often, however, there will be some sort of issue
(ISP going down, router crashing, etc...) that will leave all users
without internet access.  When this happens, we get a flood of calls and
the girls in my call center can quickly become overwhelmed.

What I'd like to do is set up a system whereby incoming calls during a
known outage are instead redirected to a recording explaining the issue
and the option to have the caller leave a message (a la voicemail).  All
calls come down our T1 and we are able to identify the incoming account
based on its DID.  We would need to do this on a per-account basis.  My
girls would also need to have the ability to toggle on/off the
redirection as well as record a message for the caller to hear -- at a
moment's notice.

Since my girls only field the calls and don't do any actual support (I
do that), it'd be ideal if my VM indicator would also let me know if any
callers left messages during a known outage.  Again, this would be
ideal, but most certainly not necessary.

So, what say you list?  Any suggestions on the most efficient way to do
this?  I am quite familiar with PHP and not adverse to writing a script
to do this for me (I suspect I will have to anyway), but don't wish to
reinvent the wheel if something like this already exists.

Thanks in advance,
Jay