[asterisk-users] Multiple contacts.

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Thu Dec 6 06:35:25 CST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 12:18 -0500, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Sam,
>
> Thank you for the suggestion.  That is pretty much what I ended up doing
> for myself anyway;  the real issue is standardising it and doing it on a
> mass scale for all users of a platform.
>
> -- Alex
>
> On Wed, 5 Dec 2007, Lutgring, Sam wrote:
>
> > Alex;
> >
> > I would suggest simply registering them as separate or unique phones and
> > then ringing multiple phones from the same extension using the "&".
> > This way both phones will ring and you can answer based on which one is
> > local to you.  I do this with my desk phone and my X-lite soft phone.
> > Here is what it looks like:
> >
> > SIP.CONF
> > [sam-X-1433]; This is my X-lite phone
> > type=friend
> > username=sam-X-1433
> > -SNIP-
> >
> > [sam-G-1433]; This is my desk phone
> > type=friend
> > username=sam-G-1433
> > -SNIP-
> >
> > EXTENSIONS.CONF
> > exten => 1433,1,Dial(SIP/sam-G-1433&SIP/sam-X-1433,22,Tt)
> >
> > Hope you find this to be useful.

Hi all,

Trying to follow the thread,
Indeed, multiple dial is what i'm doing also.

While otoh, I'm registered on several sip-phones with my username&pwd.
I would prefer to dial to a single "user" instead of a number of
sip-phones.
If that user is registered at one phone, ok. If he is registered at 10
phones let all those phones ring.

(but perhaps i've not explored all the possibilities of *)

hw