[asterisk-users] Popcorn ( was Re: New feature: calling all bug marshals )

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Wed Dec 5 11:05:22 CST 2007

Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Steve Edwards wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>>

>>> I wanted to write a "popcorn" app for myself, both to learn how to script in
>>>

>> Just out of curiosity, what does this have to do with popcorn?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Steve Edwards      sedwards at sedwards.com      Voice: +1-760-468-3867 PST
>> Newline                                             Fax: +1-760-731-3000
>>

> You used to be able to dial "popcorn" (767-2676) in any area code (at
> least prior to 1982) and get the current time.
>
> -Philip

Not really ANY area code.
That was mostly a Western US thing.
In the Mid Atlantic US, C&P, later Bell Atlantic, later VeriZon, it was
TI-4-2525.
There was NO standard throughout the Bell System, and often not even
offered by independents, though some time and weather along with a short
commercial were sponsored by banks and such, often recorded on an
Audichron system.

John Novack

--
Dog is my co-pilot