[asterisk-users] Echo cancellation and DTMF from the Asterisk console?

Nikhil Nair nnair at pobox.com
Tue Dec 4 17:14:50 CST 2007

Hi Alan,

Thanks for these helpful comments.

I had a look at David Rowe's site, and found it very interesting - I'm
blind myself, and the Louder router project he's working on sounds like a
wonderful idea.

It looks like I got my wires crossed, to some extent - I hadn't realised
that all the echo cancellation within Asterisk is line rather than
acoustic.  While I'm new to all this, I believe it's acoustic echo
cancellation I need, so it looks like I'll need to take a look at the
Speex AEC implementation, and maybe get hold of version 1.2beta2 (which
has significant improvements, apparently).  Maybe Linphone running on the
same box as Asterisk will be the solution, after all.

That is, if Linphonec will consent to run for me without giving all sorts
of errors and segfaulting... and I thought this release of Debian was
supposed to be stable! ;)  Ah well.

Cheers,

Nikhil.