[asterisk-users] [SOLVED] Re: Soundcard necessary on an asterisk server to get output of playback()??

Stefan Guenther asterisk01 at in-put.de
Tue Dec 4 06:19:35 CST 2007

Hi,

I have found a solution for my problem or at least I can hear the output
of PLAYBACK() and the voicemail system.

Since some of you suggested a timing problem, I removed the ztdummy and
zaptel modules, but this had no effect.

For whatever reason I have to insert a WAIT(1) in front of every
application that returns an output. Well, now the context looks like
this and it works:

        exten => 202,1,ANSWER()
        exten => 202,2,WAIT(1)
        exten => 202,3,PLAYBACK(tt-monkeys)
        exten => 202,4,HANGUP()

Does anyone have an explanation why I need the WAIT() ?

Thanks for your help last night.

Stefan

BTW: As far as I can see, no one answered the question that I entered in
the subject line: Do I need a sound card in the server, does it have any
effect?

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus
Stefan-Michael Guenther
Geschaeftsfuehrer