[asterisk-users] Red Alarm TE420 with E1s - R2

Roger C. Beraldi Martins rogerberaldi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 05:09:15 CST 2007

> Jsut a dumb question: are all four ports connected to the telco? If not:
> which of them is?

Yes the first 3 spans are connected to de teleco, the last one no.

> > Now I'm talking with Technical support from teleco operator (Brasil
> > Telecom) to confirm de cable standard.

Great !

I tried to talk with our support on the telecom link, but he does not
know what is the standard used by the company itself.

Checked the construction of the cables and they were in line with the
manual available on the card's web site digium.

Then decided to implement the loopback test available at the link:
http://kb.digium.com/entry/138/

For this test I build a cable cross, as the pattern below:

Standard RJ45 T1/E1 :
RX 1
RX 2
NA 3
TX 4
TX 5
NA 6
NA 7
NA 8

Cross clabe RJ45 T1/E1 :
RX 1 - 4 TX
RX 2 - 5 TX
TX 4 - 1 RX
TX 5 - 2 RX

Yes!

At the time I put the cable between the ports of the card I getting
green alert on both ends !

Then I decided to connect the cable cross in ballun (E1 modem), YES
GREEN ALERT in this port!

For some reason the operator reverses the sequence in cables, and using
The cable cross solved my problem! Now continue with the settings.

Thanks again, everyone, for your help!
It was very useful to go through this.

--
Atenciosamente,