[asterisk-users] Asterisk on multi-homed systems

Shlomo Dubrowin dubrowin.list at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 01:54:11 CST 2007

If I was wanted to multi-home on the same subnet I would use Ethernet
Bonding (similar to Windows Teaming) in a failover configuration.  This will
make one of the links on the LAN active and the second one as a failover in
case the first one goes down.  It takes a couple seconds for the 2nd link to
come up.  I am not using this in Asterisk at the moment, but I am using it
on other servers and it works great.  I don't know if this would drop a call
during failover, but it's something to explore.

  Shlomo