[asterisk-users] Door Intercom? (was: Re: Phone with public address functionality)

Nick Seraphin asterisk at eaglequest.com
Tue Dec 4 01:53:24 CST 2007

On a similar note...  has anyone ever seen a SIP-based door intercom unit?

Functionality I'm looking for is...  basically an outdoor rated weather
resistant speaker with 1 button and microphone, when the button is
pressed, it dials a specified SIP extension.  Likewise, from the Asterisk
box, someone can call a SIP extension and the call goes to the intercom
speaker so you can initiate a conversation with the person at the door if
they just rang the bell but didn't push the intercom button.

Preferably something with power over ethernet support.

Thanks,

-- Nick