[asterisk-users] Hoteling

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Dec 3 16:10:32 CST 2007

Hi!

> So you mean have a script rewrite the MAC-phone.cfg file, correct? If
> I do that, then i'll have to have the phone reboot (which i can do),
> but that really isn't a virtual extension anymore..

Then do it the other way around: Always use the same (virtual) voicemail
box for a specific phone, and instead use symbolic link directory that
you point upon user login to the physical voicemail box that belongs to
that specific user. Maybe you will need to reload the voicemail
configuration in Asterisk in order for this to work, but I think that
won't be necessary.

Cheers, Philipp