[asterisk-users] Soundcard necessary on an asterisk server to get output of playback()??

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Mon Dec 3 15:36:24 CST 2007

Lacy Moore wrote:
> My quick guess would be that it's a timing issue.  You didn't mention
> whether you are using a Zaptel device or ztdummy.
I think timing is only an issue with meetme conferences, right?  I don't
believe you need a hardware or ztdummy timing source to make the
Playback command work.

Or are we talking about T1/PRI/etc?  Was assuming you were using TDM
cards.  I guess there could be timing issues there that I'm not familiar
with, having only played with TDM cards.

Moj