[asterisk-users] Hoteling

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Mon Dec 3 12:31:44 CST 2007

Rob Schall wrote:

> A phone sitting on a desk. A user hits 9000 and it asks what extension
> you'd like to become. You type "1001" and then it asks for your
> password. You type 1234, and it says you're "logged in". You now are
> accepting calls at your phone and you're getting mwi on that phone for
> that extension.
>
> I'm sure I can make the virtual extensions work without too big of a
> problem. Its the mwi i'm unsure about. How do you force a light to go on?
>
> The setup would be as follows:
> Asterisk 1.4
> Polycom Soundpoing 501
> Either XML Web interface or dialable extention to alter phone info.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You don't have to force the light to start blinking.
During (/after) the login procedure tell the phone to resync
it's settings. Dynamically create the settings "page" with some
kind of CGI script on your web server, and just configure the
phone to use the new SIP account.

http://www.amooma.de/gemeinschaft/

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.