[asterisk-users] Soundcard necessary on an asterisk server to get output of playback()??

Stefan Guenther asterisk01 at in-put.de
Mon Dec 3 12:01:14 CST 2007

Hi,

I' still fighting the problem, that I can talk from one SIP phone to
another, but I can't hear the output of the playback or similar
applications:

         exten => 202,1,ANSWER()
         exten => 202,2,PLAYBACK(tt-monkeys)
         exten => 202,3,HANGUP()

When I dial 202, asterisk show the following on the cli:

-- Executing [202 at local:1] Answer("SIP/user1-0827ebe8", "") in new stack
-- Executing [202 at local:2] Playback("SIP/user1-0827ebe8", "tt-monkeys")
in new stack
-- <SIP/user1-0827ebe8> Playing 'tt-monkeys' (language 'de')

Yes, the file tt-monkeys exist in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds and the
subdirectory de.

No, there is no error message even if turn on debugging. :-(

Besides this strange behaviour, I was wondering whether the asterisk
server needs an soundcard to send the output of e.g. the playback
application to the phone.

BTW, this is asterisk 1.4.13

I would be really happy, if someone has an idea how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus
Stefan-Michael Guenther