[asterisk-users] Problem: Using timelimit (L) and Macro (M) in Dial from AGI

Rajeev Natarajan twogigbox at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 04:20:24 CST 2007

Am using perl AGI to invoke the dial command thus:

$AGI->exec('Dial',"$numtodial2|30|L($maxcall:$msgtime)|M(conn^1002)");

What I expected that this will do is:
1. call the number using the string $numtodial2 - works OK
2. Set call limit to $maxcall and play a message $msgtime milliseconds
before the call - works OK
3. On connect of the call send it to the macro conn -extension s,1 with a
parameter 1002 - **does not work**

I noticed that if I interchange the L and M to read thus:

$AGI->exec('Dial',"$numtodial2|30|M(conn^1002)|L($maxcall:$msgtime)");
1. It dials fine
2. Transfers the call to the macro
3. ** does not** set timelimit

How can I do both - set timelimit and pass call to the Macro - is there
something that is mutually exclusive about the two functions that it does
not let me do this?

thanks
rajeev