[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4.15 sip.conf register

Joe Morsbach jmorsbach at stage49.homeip.net
Sun Dec 2 21:41:53 CST 2007

Hello,

I recently upgraded from Asterisk 1.4.0 to 1.4.15...  I am registering to
a sip provider in my sip.conf
as below

[general]
register=>user:password:authuser at serviceprovider/extension

Later down in my sip.conf I have the definition for that service provider
as follows

[serviceprovider]
type=peer
host=x.x.x.x
port=yyyy
outboundproxy=t.t.t.t
.
.
.

With asterisk 1.4 it would know to look in the peer definition for the IP
address information... Now it
appears that asterisk 1.4.15 is trying to do a DNS looking on
"serviceprovider"... Of course that's
coming back as an unknown host, and it no longer registers.

Any steers as to how I can get asterisk 1.4.15 to look at the peer
definition for the address info would
be appreciated.

Thanks Much!