[asterisk-users] T1 Timing Troubleshooting

Jonathan C. Bailey jbailey at co.marshall.ia.us
Sun Dec 2 13:22:55 CST 2007

I'm having (I think) timing issues in relation to bridged T1-T1 calls via dynamic spans. Fax calls are intermittently working, but voice is fine. My box has a Sangoma A400 inside it as the primary Zaptel timing source. My T1 PRIs that are hooked to the box come in via a foneBRIDGE2 (dynamic TDMoE spans). PRI #1 is the telco and PRI #2 is an existing Comdial FX-II. For some reason, bridged TDM calls (when it comes to faxing) must be having timing issues since they intermittently fail.

I found what seems to be an issue in zaptel.conf (timing source for the Comdial side was 2 - changed to 0), but I don't know if that's it. I've also turned off echo cancellation. Any other thoughts on why I may be having what seem to be timing issues? Also, is timing passed through on dynamic spans & bridged calls? And is there a way to verify this? Thanks!

/etc/zaptel.conf (16 channels on each PRI):
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

#Sangoma A400 [slot:7 bus:1 span:1]
fxsks=1
fxsks=2
fxsks=3
fxsks=4
fxsks=5
fxsks=6
fxsks=7
fxsks=8
fxoks=11
fxoks=12

dynamic=eth,eth1/00:50:c2:65:d0:3c/0,24,1
dynamic=eth,eth1/00:50:c2:65:d0:3c/1,24,0
# bchan=25-47
bchan=25-40
dchan=48
# bchan=49-71
bchan=49-64
dchan=72

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf:

[trunkgroups]

[channels]
context=default
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
; Turned echo cancellation off 11-15-2007 due to possible fax issues on bridged calls.
echocancel=no
faxdetect=no
echocancelwhenbridged=no
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
overlapdial=yes

;Sangoma A400 [slot:7 bus:1 span:1]
context=from-zaptel
group=0
signalling = fxs_ks
channel => 1-8

context=from-internal
group=1
signalling = fxo_ks
channel => 11-12

; First port on foneBRIDGE2 - This is the PSTN side
group=2
signalling = pri_cpe
context=from-pstn
;channel => 25-47 (for a full PRI)
; Channels 25-40 are for a partial PRI (16 channels)
channel => 25-40

; Second port on foneBRIDGE2 - This is the Comdial side
group=3
context=from-comdial
signalling = pri_net
;channel => 49-71 (for a full PRI)
; Channels 49-64 are for a partial PRI (16 channels)
channel => 49-64

-Jon