[asterisk-users] get SIP extension status without calling it

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun Dec 2 10:28:35 CST 2007

On Sunday 02 December 2007 09:25:06 dave cantera wrote:
> Vieri wrote:
> > I am trying to get a SIP extension's status without
> > actually making a call.
> >
> > I am using sofia-sip's "options" example utility and
> > the sip clients are SJphone softphones.
> >
> > >From Asterisk I run the "options" utility and query a
> >
> > sip extension at 10.215.147.240. I get:
> >
> > # ./options -1 --all sip:10.215.147.240
> > SIP/2.0 501 Not Implemented
>
> #   show current asterisk SIP peers
>
> asterisk -r -x 'sip show peers' | awk '

This method relies on the OPTIONS request being handled correctly,
so it will not work.

To the original poster:  OPTIONS is the right type of request (the client
should respond exactly as the same way as if you had sent it an INVITE).
Your next step should be to contact the author of the softphone and impress
upon them the necessity of having OPTIONS implemented in their client.
Or use another softphone.

--
Tilghman