[asterisk-users] Outgoing PSTN calls , unusable voice quality

Veselin Kantsev veselin at campbell-lange.net
Sun Dec 2 08:51:41 CST 2007

Dear Salvatore and Joanna,
Thank you much for both your detailed explanations.
I will surely check my firewall configuration and logs to make sure the
VoIP traffic is passing correctly.
However, I'm a bit confused as the problems that I'm experiencing are
with calls made via the
Sangoma analog card.
So the voice goes from the SIP phone through asterisk through the
sangoma card then
directly into the PSTN and vice versa. There are no firewalls in the way.
Furthermore incoming calls are OK, the problem is only with outgoing
calls when I can hear the other party well
but they barely understand me.

Is there any major difference in the way that Incoming/Outgoing calls
are processed in the above scenario?
Any way that I could trace those processes for faults?

Thank you again.

Regards,
Veselin

Regards,