[asterisk-users] REFER mesage extraction using SIP_HEADER

Norman W. Franke norman at myasd.com
Sat Dec 1 00:31:41 CST 2007

On Dec 1, 2007, at 12:30 AM, asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com
wrote:

> I would like to extract the information present in the SIP REFER
> message that comes to asterisk. Would SIP_HEADER() allow me to do that
> ? I have used SIP_HEADER() for extracting the to and from SIP headers
> previously.

I wanted to do the exact same thing a while ago. However it is not
possible as far as I can tell.

I've tried it and verified the headers are being sent, but asterisk
can't see them. It can read the headers from the original INVITE.

This bug report:
	http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4934

Complained of the same thing, but was ended as too much work and
folks weren't sure it's even correct.

Then this one:
	http://bugs.digium.com/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=8378

Talks about the Refered-By header in REFER messages, which seems to
have been folded in to 1.4. It didn't solve the general case of other
headers, however.

I worked around it in my case, since the original invite actually had
what I needed most of the time. Some odd cases just will remain broken.

Norman Franke
ASD, Inc.
www.myasd.com