[asterisk-users] Cisco 7960 Won'

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Aug 31 20:02:01 CDT 2007

Jason wrote:
> Dan Austin wrote:
>> Shawn wrote:
>>> I'm having a wierd problem with a Cisco 7960 (sccp2)
>>> and asterisk (1.4.2)
>
>>> If the call that I'm trying to make goes through,
>>> everything works fine.  But if there's any sort of
>>> error (like me messing around in my extensions.conf,
>>> etc). I can't get the connection to drop.  ie: If I get
>>> the conjestion tone and hang up the phone, I can do a
>>> sccp show channels I can see that the channel is still
>>> in use (even after several minutes).  If I pick up the
>>> phone to attempt to make another call, I get an error
>>> that it can't put the current call on hold to start
>>> the new call.
>
>>> What am I missing?
>> An upgrade.
>>
>> The sccp channel in early 1.4 had quite a number of problems,
>> and it was completely broken in 1.4.3 to 1.4.6
>>
>> Any version after 1.4.7 should work better, with the latest
>> being the best choice.
>>
>> Dan
>

> Well, he's also using chan_sccp, so no amount of upgrading
> is going to help with that.

> In my opinion (and I think Dan and several others would agree),
> chan_skinny is far more stable (and active...) than chan_sccp.

Bugger!  I should have noted the 'sccp show channels' command.
I tend to swap skinny/SCCP automatically, since Cisco uses
both in the documentation, and had it in my head that he
meant skinny....

Yes, chan_skinny in 1.4.7+ has had major love applied.  I only
have a couple test phones hooked up for development, so my
impression of stability is not worth much, but I think we
have managed to fix up the most hideous bugs.

If we can keep up the pace, chan_skinny in 1.6 is going to rock.

Sorry for the confusion.