[asterisk-users] How to handle "+" prefix

Mr Shunz mrshunz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 10:43:30 CDT 2007

On 8/31/07, Anthony Francis <anthonyf at rockynet.com> wrote:

> I don't know if you intended to be rude with the "normal
> human" comment but it sure seems like it when reading your
> reply. Also how many users know they can dial ** to get a +?
> Especially when so many cannot as said earlier be relied upon
> to know their country access code. I guess my point is if
> there isn't a + key on the phone, and on most there is not,
> then it simply shouldn't be used. Mindfully wanting to use a +
> instead of knowing the international access code seems like
> willful ignorance to me.

Actually here in Italy cell phone companies send you the caller
id ALWAYS with the international prefix (as +39) so i (and every
one i know) have the address book filled with numbers like
+393....... Having tested various GSM + WiFi + SIP phones
we had to take care of this case

actually we use to call only Italy so we have smth like:

exten => _+39.,1,Macro(dialCell)

and

[macro-dialCell]
exten => s,1,Dial(OH323/${MACRO_EXTEN:3}@${GATEWAY},,TW)