[asterisk-users] Dell SC1430 + Digium TE110P = Digital Noise in PRI

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Aug 30 12:44:21 CDT 2007

Arthur Miller wrote:
> The Digium cards are known to steal IRQ's.
>

> The Sangoma cards do not

Not to appear defensive, but that is a technically inaccurate and also
technically ambiguous statement.  To correct it, there used to be a
potential problem related to using the TE2xxP/TE4xxP cards relating to
IRQ sharing which was fixed by a driver update.  That is now resolved,
and there shouldn't be any further issues.

A considerable portion of the "IRQ problems" are an urban legend, a sort
of scapegoat to point at.  However, I would like to say that if anyone
*does* have any problems relating to this, Digium and I personally are
*very* interested in correcting them.  We want to make sure that you
trust our products, and want to stand behind our ability to support
that.  We have had some growing pains along the way, but we are *very*
interested in making sure our hardware works to your and our other
customers' satisfaction, and certainly stands up for itself in the face
of competition.

The Asterisk community is very important to us, and your perception of
our products is crucial to our ability to afford to better support you
and also forward the development of Asterisk.

If you do have a problem, please contact technical support so that it
can be fixed as soon as possible.

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Software/Firmware Engineer