[asterisk-users] where is 1.4.12?

Andrew Kohlsmith aklists at mixdown.ca
Thu Aug 30 09:29:07 CDT 2007

On Thursday 30 August 2007 9:49:57 am Matt wrote:
> I want to reply to this....   my initial comments were not trolls.
> I think, however, my initial comments reflect what alot of the
> asterisk community is experiencing.    WE support asterisk for people.
>   WE also sell phone systems based somewhat around the asterisk
> platform.    WE run several asterisk softswitches to support our VoIP
> infrastructure.  That being said, we have several folks who know
> asterisk almost like the back of.. something (does anyone really know
> what the back of their hand looks like?).     It's rather embarrassing
> for us to have to say to a client.. well it looks like the version of
> asterisk you loaded has a bunch of bugs.. why don't you roll it back
> to this version?  CLIENT: But but.. it's the newest, shouldn't it
> work?   It just reflects poorly on Digium/Asterisk in general.

If that is how you're selling and supporting Asterisk systems I think your
business model is flawed.

While I won't argue your other points, I think that if you've been working
with Asterisk this long and you hit this kind of problem more than a few
times then it's clear to me that you do not in fact know Asterisk as well as
you thought!

I'll admit I've been bitten once or twice by bugs AFTER a rollout, the vast
majority of my installations work, as far as the customer is concerned.

-A.