[asterisk-users] where is 1.4.12?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Aug 30 07:59:24 CDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 10:33:31PM -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:
> Brian West wrote:
> > I commend these efforts but if it compiles it doesn't mean it won't
> > crash in certain conditions much less run at all.  Proper unit testing
> > is hard to do trust me I have been reading up on the subject and in this
> > type of environment its hard to do proper unit tests without bring up
> > the environment and performing all tests.  That in itself is not easy.
>
> Thanks. I understand that simply compiling only goes so far in regards
> to testing. What I was trying to get across is that we were working
> on the setup to have an easily configurable automated build and test
> environment. After working on setting up the infrastructure and
> verifying it using build tests, we can start adding automated runtime
> tests. Then, over time, we can build smarter and smarter ways to
> automatically and routinely test functionality.

Russell: if it's within your budget, you might want to look into
getting a copy of Telcordia (formerly Bellcore)'s LSSGR: Local
Switching Systems Generic Requirements.

Though it's targeted more towards Class 5 end office switches than the
PBX level, I think you might find it has some interesting things to
say on this topic.

If you have questions about it, shoot me a note off-list.

Cheers,
-- jra