[asterisk-users] Trying to use "Set Group" correctly

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Wed Aug 29 13:09:46 CDT 2007

Sorry if this is a repost, but I never saw this appear on the mailing list
(I originally sent it 5 days ago)

Hi,

A while ago I inquired about controlling the number of channels used by each
of my customers, and I was told to use the Set Group command  to count the
number of used channels .  I did, and at first glance it seemed to work.

Now, the thing is my original plan was to only increment the count everytime
someone made  an external call.  In other words, a call from inside to
outside counts for 1, a call from outside to inside counts for 1 and a call
from inside to inside counts for 0.  Allowing me to sell me service on a
"per-external-line basis".

Now, what I noticed is that a call coming in counts for 1.  But if the
person, who is first sent to an IVR, eventually dials an extension and rings
a SIP phone, the count is incremented again (to 2 at this point).  Which is
not that I want.

How can I make sure that only the "external leg" is counted?

Mike