[asterisk-users] Cisco FXS Issue...

William Stillwell (Ki4swy) ki4swy at kotbh.net
Wed Aug 29 10:38:12 CDT 2007

Im sure this has been thrown around this list 1,000 times, and Im sure its been around the net too.. But I have done everything, and cannot seem to get inward calls to be processed on my asterisk box..

First, Let me tell you what works:

1) Softphones (ZoIPer using IAX2 Protocol) Can make calls behind a Natted Firewall to the FXS Port, and it rings, and calls work full duplex.

2) Soyo IP Phone (Loaded with IAX2 Firmware) Can make calls on the same subnet as the asterisk server, and can talk full duplex to the FXS Port.

3) I can call other FXS Ports on the same Switch.

---- Hardware ----

Cisco 3725 w/ Two FXO and Two FXS

Config:

voice-port 2/1/0
 mwi
 description FXS Port 0
 station-id name fxs_2_1_0
 station-id number 1000
!
voice-port 2/1/1
 mwi
 description FXS Port 1
 station-id name fxs_2_1_1
 station-id number 1001
!
!
!
!
!
dial-peer voice 1000 pots
 description Binds to FXS Port 2/1/0
 destination-pattern 1000
 port 2/1/0
 authentication username 1000 password <password>
!
dial-peer voice 1001 pots
 description Binds to FXS Port 2/1/1
 destination-pattern 1001
 port 2/1/1
 authentication username 1001 password <password>
!
dial-peer voice 200 voip
 destination-pattern .T
 progress_ind progress enable 8
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:<ip of asterisk server>:5060
 session transport udp
 codec g711ulaw

sip-ua
 retry invite 3
 retry response 3
 retry bye 3
 retry cancel 3
 timers trying 1000
 registrar ipv4:<ip of asterisk server> expires 60
 sip-server ipv4:<ip of asterisk server>:5060
 notify telephone-event max-duration 500

---- Asterisk Info -----

sip.conf

[1000]
  username=1000
  type=friend
  secret=<password>
  qualify=yes
  nat=no
  insecure=very
  Host=dynamic
  dTMFMode=rfc2833
  auth=md5,plaintext
  allow=ulaw

[1001]
  username=1001
  type=friend
  secret=<password>
  qualify=yes
  nat=no
  insecure=very
  Host=dynamic
  auth=md5,plaintext
  allow=ulaw

---

The cisco box does register.

Dialing anything on the fxs port results in "Fast Busy" with no warnings/errors showing up console.

Sent via the WebMail system at kotbh.net