[asterisk-users] Fax Problems with SpanDSP

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Wed Aug 29 07:13:08 CDT 2007

Christian Peter wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm running current SpanDSP
> http://www.soft-switch.org/downloads/spandsp/spandsp-0.0.4pre6.tgz
> with Asterisk 1.2.22 somewhat successfully.
>
> Most Fax machines do work but I have problems with people having
> Tobit FaxWare and Shamrock CapiFax.
>
> http://www.tobit.com/login/mrd.asp?CategoryID=120
> http://www.shamrock.de/
>
> I've got black bars over the pages. In Tobit some content is Ok, other
> is covered by the black bars. Anyone else has simliar problems?
>
> I talked to Tobit and they said there should be an option somewhere in
> SpanDSP to disable Fax header crossbars. But I found none.
>
> Can anybody help me with this issue. Please no "switch to Hylafax"
> mails, because I'm very happy with SpanDSP, it integrates nicely and
> works most time.
>
> Thank you,
> Regards
>
> Christian Peter

I assume if you are using spandsp-0.0.4pre6 you have adapted
app_rxfax.c. and app_txfax.c to work with it.

I haven't heard from anyone using tobit or shamrock software (who on
earth wants to call their company tobit? weird). I have no idea what fax
header crossbars might be. Do they have some kind of bicycle integration
in their product? :-\

Is your problem when sending from Asterisk or receiving? Can you enable
debug and e-mail me a log and (assuming its a receive problem) the
resulting TIFF file.

Steve