[asterisk-users] ATrpms/Fritz FCPCI CAPI/Fedora 7

Patrick asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 29 06:46:20 CDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 20:51 +0100, Razza wrote:
> HI all,
> Has anyone succesfully installed an AVM Fritz! card on Fedora 7 using
> the drivers at ATrpms recently? http://atrpms.net/dist/f7/fcpci/
> I tried with a clean F7 build on my EPIA 5000 yesterday, after
> modifying /etc/capi.conf (removing the coment # in front of fcpci
> line) I received the following error when executing 'capiinit' -
>
> FATAL: Error inserting fcpci
> (/lib/modules/2.6.22.4-65.fc7/updates/drivers/isdn/fritz/fcpci.ko):
> Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
> ERROR: failed to load driver fcpci
>
> After some searcing I found this article -
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-restricted-modules-2.6.22/+bug/121978
>
> I am a little stumped however what to do next and indeed if this is
> the cause of the problem, can anyone offer some guidance ?
> Thanks in advance.

The solution is at the end of this page:
http://student.physik.uni-mainz.de/~reiffert/fcpci.php
Basically you need to replace pci_module_init with pci_register_driver

fritz/src/main.c

#if defined (__fcpci__)
        /*      if (0 == (err = pci_module_init (&fcpci_driver))) { */
        if (0 == (err = pci_register_driver (&fcpci_driver))) {
                LOG("PCI driver registered.\n");

Regards,
Patrick