[asterisk-users] Is it possible to register without sending the password

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 03:27:38 CDT 2007

Dear Philipp;

Thanks for your kindly help.

The log was for the sip endpoint registeration as
following:

Really destroying SIP dialog
'741fce04454f9007 at QmlsYWxHaG5YWQtUEM.' Method:
REGISTER

And this message was coming peridically (maybe every
time the endpoint trying to register).

The endpoint was the Firefly installed on Windows
Vista working as SIP client, same configuration for
Firefly on Windows XP is fine, also Firefly as IXA on
Vista is working fine. So the problem in case of
Firefly SIP at Vista. Also, the same problem happened
with other endpoints like BroadTel ATA (SIP endpoint).

I beleive it is related to the username and password
string, how the endpoint send it and how the asterisk
interpret it, also I am trying to send without need to
secret, but also same problem!!

What other logs I can do on this endpoint (based on
the username, or based on its IP address, ...) so I
can determine more things that can help?

At asterisk console, already I set the verbose 10 and
the debug 10, and the above message is the most thing
I got. I do not know what other traces I can do to
have more details to destinguish the problem?

I think we are going to face it with a lot of SIP
endpoints (interpretting the sending username and
password), but I do not know how I can overcome it?

Kindly see the SIP.conf configuration related to this
endpoint account:

[bilal_sip]
type=friend
context=internal
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
;secret=password ---- sometimes I was remove the ; and
sometimes I was put it.

What I can do else to resolve this registeration?
Until now I am able to register using bilal_sip
account from Firefly installed on XP, but all other
SIP registeration I tried were failed.

Any help?
Regards
Bilal Ghayad

> How can I add the verbose and debug to the consol
> entry in the logger.conf to be able to take logging
> about the attempt of registeration for the sip end
> point?

console => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose

as explained in /etc/asterisk/logger.conf

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied -
http://www.amooma.de

Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998