[asterisk-users] Load testing/burn-in for Sangoma quad PRI card (off list)

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 18:31:00 CDT 2007

On 8/28/07, Steve Totaro <stotaro at first-notification.com> wrote:
> Also, you seemed to miss Brian's main point, keeping calls up is not
> going to tax your box or prove anything really, you want to create as
> many short calls as possible. Run BOINC in the background for a CPU
> burn-in test.

Well - with this situation, I'm not so much concerned about CPU load
as I am PCI bus stability.  When getting this server set up, the Dell
BMC caught a few odd PCI errors.  I haven't been able to reproduce
them.  At the time the errors occurred, I didn't have any active spans
up, so I couldn't determine if the PCI errors would possibly cause
calls to drop.  This is my main reasoning for wanting long-running
calls - I'd let the calls run until I see this error come up again and
then see if any of the dropped.

Perhaps my troubleshooting logic is flawed, though...