[asterisk-users] Fax Problems with SpanDSP

Christian Peter christian.peter at charlysworld.de
Tue Aug 28 15:11:03 CDT 2007

Hi list,

I'm running current SpanDSP
http://www.soft-switch.org/downloads/spandsp/spandsp-0.0.4pre6.tgz
with Asterisk 1.2.22 somewhat successfully.

Most Fax machines do work but I have problems with people having
Tobit FaxWare and Shamrock CapiFax.

http://www.tobit.com/login/mrd.asp?CategoryID=120
http://www.shamrock.de/

I've got black bars over the pages. In Tobit some content is Ok, other
is covered by the black bars. Anyone else has simliar problems?

I talked to Tobit and they said there should be an option somewhere in
SpanDSP to disable Fax header crossbars. But I found none.

Can anybody help me with this issue. Please no "switch to Hylafax"
mails, because I'm very happy with SpanDSP, it integrates nicely and
works most time.

Thank you,
Regards

Christian Peter