[asterisk-users] Authenticating SIP user in LDAP database instead of SIP.conf file

Abhishek M S abhishek.suhas at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 14:39:46 CDT 2007

Dear Mr Galvin,

As of today I am using the res_config_ldap of Astirectory in my test
Asterisk system to connect to a test LDAP database of my University. Things
seem to be working fine so far. Now I'm faced with the task of installing
this in the productive system. Before doing so, I'd sure like to consider
trying the RealTime database driver that you people have developed. Why so?
because I trust your judgment.

> >I see it is res_config_ldap. You'd be much better using the latest
> >version in the bug tracker.

This would mean removing Astirectory module, installing the new driver and
concern because the old attributes and object classes (Astirectory) should
in no way interfere with the new ones. Besides the old object classes could
be deleted from LDAP. Also the former part shouldn't be of much concern
either.

My only concern as of now is in the installation of the RealTime database
driver because the 'readme' file does not say anything about the
installation. It only says about the configuration after installation.